Chapter Meeting Minutes 12-18-06



Sunday, 17 December 2006 14:00



Meeting Date - 12/18/06 @ 7pm
Meeting Location - Right Wing Cafe
Number of Attendees - 25

Elections - The chapter voted on officers for the 2007 year . Here is the list of officers for 2007:

President: John Hicks
Vice Pres : Derek Boyd
Secretary: Jay Wilkes
Treasurer: Chris Griffin
Bike Patrol: Tim Feltner
Trail Director: Charles Schultz
Web Master: Jeff Murchison

Blankets Creek Phone Line - The chapter is looking into getting a new phone line since the old SORBA phone line was disconnected. Trail status will still be available on the website.

Bike Patrol Training - CPR/First Aid/ Bike Patrol training will be held on February 28th. Contact Tim Feltner if interested in joining the Bike Patrol.

Gold Rush Adventure Race - SORBA woodstock will again be providing volunteers to assist in the 2nd Annual Gold Rush 24 Hour Adventure Race. The race is scheduled for March 2-3, 2007.

Reinhardt Work Party - Work Parties for the Reinhardt Trail System are being held the 2nd Saturday of every month. Goto for more info.

"Area 51" new trail status - We are waiting on the US Army COE to approve the Master Plan. Once this has been completed, Cherokee Recreation and Park Authority (CRPA) will enter a long term lease with the COE. SORBA Woodstock will also complete a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with CRPA to document and agree on each parties responsibilities and commitments. Once this is all completed, trail construction can start. Tentative construction start dates are February-March 2007.

Upcoming SORBA Main Meeting - John will be attending the SORBA main meeting on behalf of SORBA Woodstock. He will bring the chapter back information from the meeting. Items that will be discussed include how IMBA will be helping consolidate duties into their organization to free up SORBA with more time to trail building, advocacy, and maintenance.

Chapter Meeting Minutes 11-13-06



Sunday, 12 November 2006 14:00



Meeting Date - 11/13/06 @ 7pm
Meeting Location - Williamsbros BBQ
Number of Attendees - 30

Elections - Jeff Murchison is in charge of taking 2007 Officers nominations. Contact Jeff if you are interested in nominating someone or yourself for any position. We will have elections next month. You can vote in person at the December meeting or on the website.

Current nominations:

President: John Hicks (incumbent)
Vice Pres : Derek Boyd (incumbent)
Secretary: Jay Wilkes (incumbent)
Treasurer: Chris Griffin (incumbent)
Bike Patrol: Tim Feltner (incumbent)
Trail Director: Charles Schultz (incumbent)
Web Master: Jeff Murchison (incumbent)

Trail Maintenance - Work Party Saturday, Nov 18th at 9am. We will be clearing the trail of leaves. Bring gas powered blowers and racks if you have them. Lunch will be provided.

Communications - Please register at if you haven't. This will allow you to receive updates and information from SORBA Woodstock

We will be mailing out a physical newsletter twice a year to all members.

Bike Patrol - Tim will have a Bike Patrol training event in January. Current Bike Patrol members need to attend to recertify CPR training/First Aid.

2007 Goals - Here are the goals SORBA Woodstock has for the following year:

1) Derek Boyd will continue the success as Ride coordinator and set up a ride calendar full of various club group rides.

2) Josh Boggs with be Events Coordinator and help out with Pedalpalooza and a possible fall festival at Reinhardt

3) Acquire approval of the Blankets Creek Master Plan. The MP is currently at COE in Mobile under review. Tentative approval is end of year/beginning of next year.

4) Complete a MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) with Cherokee County Recreation and Parks (CRPA). Looking to complete the MOU ar the same time as MP signoff.

5) Build more trails! January time frame to start new construction (pending MP signoff and completion of CRPA MOU). We will build out the Mosquito Flats extension, then the northern loop. Tentative completion date for both trails is Fall 2007 if the club can raise enough money for professional trail builder to complete the machine work and have volunteers do the finishing work.

Reinhardt update - Steve from Reinhardt attended the meeting. They are building a beginner warm up and need our help for armoring a creek crossing. Work party is scheduled on Dec 9th to help out. Scott informed us that the school VP is very interested in creating a MOU. Scott is looking into possible events/racing.

Cherokee High School Bike Club -Stephanie asked members if anyone had any trainers they would like to donate to the club for winter training. It would be extremely helpful